Saturday, March 21, 2009

Windows Live Messenger V 2009 Tested

My previous WLM has been annoying with updating it to V2k9. And today, I got so fed up that I just let it run.

To the less-informed, I have used V2k9 before, and that was on Windows 7. I did not like it at all. MSN Plus! was not supported, and because of that, colored fonts can't be viewed. And I have to drag the chat windows via the title bar. But has the newer version improved anything? Read on to find out.

This is the main window of the new V9. Compared to the older V8.5, this one does look better. And oh, I removed the email addresses of my friends to protect the privacy. :p
Notice the MSN Plus! icon on the top right corner? And my colored fonts? Well, Microsoft has indeed been listening to user inputs. Well done.

Users of V9 can alter the background of WLM V9 as per V8.5, but unlike V8.5, this one does look better than the one in V8.5. I do have one gripe though. The black background that I am using does look rather pixelated. It also happened on the previous one on 7.
The new chat window for V9. Noticed how much space is used for the conversation? Better than V8.5, IMO. And I can't stand that after each time I post something, it will be "stuck" to the previous entry, unless the other end responds. Not my cup of tea, really.
Even the little dude (as what I call him), has turned fairer. One major gripe though. When I right click and select "Sign In", instead of signing in, it opens the main window, waiting for my input. But then if that is the case, why would Microsoft bother with an "Open Messenger" option? duh.
If you that inclined. This is the "about" page for V9. Nothing much here.

Do leave your comment of feedback if there is anything you want to know more.

No comments: