Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Windows 7 Previewed - Everyday Use - Browsers

I used 4 different browsers for my test. Firstly, I used the built in Internet Explorer 8. The difference between IE7 and IE8 is that IE8 has better security and loads pages much faster than IE7. Other than that, it still has the usual tabbed browsing, RSS feeds and the search bar.


IE8 does look quite good really.

Next up is Opera. Used the latest version, which is 9.63. No errors occurred while I was installing it.
The I installed my favorite browser, FF3. The installation also went fine, nothing to shout about. Although I must say that browsing in FF3 after a while, and minimizing it brings WLM9 up. It a another bug. No harm done
Then the last in Google Chrome. It failed to install.
It shows this message when you are trying to install Chrome.
The solution is simple. Go to the start button, type in User Account Control, then click the Change User Account Settings. Then a new window should pop out. It looks like this->
Pull the slider to the bottom, in other words, turn UAC off. You will need to restart you computer in order for it to take effect. After that, continue with your installation of Chrome. You should be able to install it by now. Enjoy. p/s, dont forget to turn UAC back on !!

No comments: