Friday, March 27, 2009

My New GC - Radeon HD4670

Bought this from Viewnet for RM270. Cheap and powerful card, IMO. I would have bought a 9600GSO, but that would require a PCIE power. No intention of using that at the moment, although I have it.

It comes with Analog, DVI and HDMI output. The HDMI output even has a 7.1 channel audio output. Nice.. What's not nice? I'd expected dual DVI. And where the hell is my CrossfireX connectors? And ATI/AMD cards should be red, not blue. That's gay.

Well, the most crucial question is, is it any better than the 8600GT?

Yes and no.

In some games, like HL2, framerates increased by at least 30fps, while other games did not see a noticeable increment. GRiD had an average framerate of 50+fps, not bad at all.

One thing I hate is that while playing GRiD, there seems to be a mild amount of tearing. Not sure if it's the card's problem or a driver issue. Other that that, RocketDock also seems to be a tad bit laggy using the HD4670. Damn.

No comments: