Friday, August 22, 2008

A little review

Here I would like to put my little review on a Chevy Optra 1.6. Well, the car isn't brand new, and I did not know how the previous driver drove it, so my review is an as-is basis. Anyway, I'll start now.
The car is the first gen Optra, which means that the looks is generic when compared to its international siblings. It has a good shape, safe for the fact that not many people are aware of how good this car actually is. The direct competition for this model, which is the 1.6, is the Proton Waja, Proton Persona and maybe even the new Suzuki SX4 Sedan. The engine is a Daewoo sourced 1.6 E-TEC II, which produces 107bhp at 6500rpm. A little more when compared to the first gen Waja, but if compared to the CPS Waja, even the 1.8 Optra pales in comparison. The Waja and Optra's suspension system is tuned by Lotus. But I suppose the similarities end there. The steering of the Optra feels planted, and has a good weight feel to it. My quip is that the sudden pickup of the car is just not good enough. I have driven other cars where when the accelerator is pushed down, the car slips down a gear or two, but for the Optra, I need to press rather hard before it kicks down A gear. It seems to lack the fun factor there.

End of Part I

No comments: