Sunday, February 15, 2009

bBurago Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera Review

I acquired this model for around US$15. A tad bit more expensive than my R8. I do hope that the qualities are indeed better than the R8. Read on to find out more.

The Packaging
Considering that there is only 1/24 Star Colleczione available locally, I can't comment much on it. Here is the link for the product's page,
http://www.bburago.com/bburago.php?idm=10&idp=2&idc=5&idprd=332
The Car




Details.
The details of this car is where its quite good. Although I must say that there are some parts that I don't quite like. eg, cheap looking exhaust (can easily be modded :happy ) and the molded in wipers. Worst still, one of the door had a fitting issue, in which the door does not want to shut tightly. But other than that, I must say it does look impressive. Even the front headlights are a sight to behold. I'd give it a 8/10


The interior is also well detailed. Like my R8, bBurago replicates the carbon fibre (cf) detail by doing wavey patterns on the plastic. The is even seat belts !


The paint used is also good. There was a yellow version of this Gallardo, but I preferred the silver/grey. The usual raging bull logo is also present on the front of the car. On the back, the Lamborghini wording is also present.


The engine detailing is where the Gallardo shines. I like the fact that bBurago made an effort to give the engine depth. In other words, it is not one molded in piece where everything is in the same level. I'd give it a 9/10



The wheel, in my opinion, could have been a bit bigger. Other than that, there is the disc brake, but without the callipers. Why is is so is beyond me. I do like the black on silver grey combination, though. The wheels and brakes gets a 8.5/10 from me.


Overall, I am satisfied with this Gallardo. The engine detailing itself is a selling point. Other than the small niggles, the car is fine. I give the bBurago Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera a 9/10. :yahoo

No comments: