Friday, April 24, 2009

Why I like Windows 7

Although it is still in beta, and I am using build 7000, I must say that I am very impressed with what Microsoft has came out with so far.

Things that I like ->
  • Awesome looking taskbar, improved a lot since Win95 to Vista. It even has the Aero effect that Vista doesn't.
  • Title bar that is Aero enabled. Again, an improvement over Vista. Vista's one only has Aero when not maximized. It will turn black when maximized.
  • Removable drives not have the blue state bar to show capacity. Yeah, Vista's one was cool, but it only worked for fis=xed drive, ie -> HDDs. Now, even USB drives will show that.
  • More responsive. Yeah, it does indeed feel faster than Vista. Running on the same computer with Vista, 7 definitely feels more snappier.
  • Action Center. Not from Vista. Cool feature, where anything that needs your attention will be shown here.
  • UAC has been also improved since Vista. In Vista, almost every app you open triggers the UAC, even Microsoft's own apps. Now, there is a slider that enables UAC to pop up on certain occasions only. Although I do feel it can be improved a bit more. Say maybe if it remembers certain apps?
That is not all. There are more than just these few. As for now, for those who did not get 7 through Microsoft, there are ways to obtain the beta DVD, but I cannot reveal it here. And for those who are using 7, I would like to hear from you guys.

No comments: